Tuesday 17 May 2011

My New Love - LUSH

I tried to fall in love with Lush around a year or two ago, and I think at the time, I just wasn't ready for a new love. Or maybe the confusion of the products or different overwhelming scents in the shop put me off? But oh, my, how times have changed!

After watching some videos on YouTube about what the different products are and how to use them, I decided to pop into Lush and give it another go. I was greeted by this lovely guy who was so freakin' cute I wanted to mother him! He was so helpful in explaining how the different products worked and genuinely wanted to help find things that would work for me and my skin. So, I came out with:


  • Honey I Washed The Kids (Soap) - Lush says "The irresistible toffee and honey soap. Once you've sniffed it, you've got to have it. On paper, it's difficult to portray the full effect of this honeycomb and toffee scented soap. People who fully intended to walk past a Lush shop find themselves unable to resist its tempting fragrance. They inhale, drool, pick up a big chunk and join the queue for the till. It's hard not to buzz about this one." 
 And my God aren't they right! If there is one product I recommend you try it's this. I felt so clean and my skin more moisturised than other soap I've used.

  • Hevanilli (Massage Bar) -  Lush Says "Delicious Vanilla Fountain fragrance harnessed in a Massage Bar. This deliciously fragrant bar melts onto the skin with ease, creating a sweetly sensual, tactile experience. The natural shea and cocoa butters smell of jasmine, vanilla and tonka and will make you irresistible to your masseuse. And if you're the one giving the massage, you may find yourself overtaken with desire."
  I wouldn't quite go THAT far but it is a really nice treat for your skin which I think smells slightly of white chocolate. I use massage bars in the shower after I have rinsed the soap away. I then stand out of the stream of water, use the massage bar as a lotion almost and rise off.

  • Strawberry Feel Forever (Massage Bar)- Lush says "Our fruity Massage Bar is made with crushed strawberries and an infusion of hibiscus flowers. It's scented with a delicious fruit-sundae-with-cream-on-top aroma that will make you think of summertime. Celebrate the strawberry feels forever." 
 I want to eat it. It's smells so good! And it leaves me skin feeling soft and supple. Favourite status!

  • Sugar Babe (Scrub) -  Lush says "One of our aims in life is to make as many things solid as possible and make them naked, free of packaging. Sugar is already solid of course, but it's still a bit tricky to transport. It's a mix of sodium bicarbonate and cream of tartar, which makes it sound more like a cake than a cosmetic, and moisturising coconut oil. It's scented with perfume made from ylang flowers and mimosa blossom, so that we can all smell sensational, too. Become a sweetly smelling Sugar Babe (without all the arguments)." 
 This is fab if you feel like you need that little more exfoliation although I'm ummming and ahhing over the Buffy Massage Bar is better. I think with Buffy, you'd get more for your money and it smells amazing. Although Sugar Babe almost has a calming effect with it.

Have you tried Lush? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment