Monday 4 April 2011

Review and Swatches - NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil

I was in the Trafford Centre with my best pal when we spotted the advertisement for these pencils and we both zoned in towards it going "OoOooooOoooh!"

I bought two the other night, Happy Days and Frivolous. I prefer a paler/pink/beige lip, but I'm starting to branch out into more colour, so Happy Days seemed perfect to do this with and Frivolous was first on the list anyway!


A fresh pink coral infused with gold shimmer that’s as flirty and fun-loving as the TV sitcom it’s name is inspired by.

A flirty and frothy iridescent seashell pink, that is anything but serious.

(Apologies for the photo quality and the hair dye on desk!)

It really is a lipgloss pencil. The shine is lovely on both and really does feel as if its conditioning your lips. Both have a soft sparkle and although the pencil may help when it comes to application, the product itself in pencil-form is VERY delicate.


I love the product itself but as a pencil, it becomes a nightmare, as I found out.



This make me have a sad =[ After paying £17.50 each I'd expect a product to hold up during application!

Product: 7/10
Ease Of Use: 3/10
Packaging: 2/10 - I love the idea of a lipgloss pencil but it doesn't work with this. I know NARS is considered a premium brand but is there really any need for THAT much cardboard?!

Overall: 4/10 - Love it and hate it. I will use these pencils but I won't be re-purchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment